6 Steps to Shifting Your Momentum Fast!
Do you have those days when you feel like everything is a little off balance or things aren’t going the way you planned? Yep, I have been there too! I can be moving along feeling amazing about my life, my business, my family, my friends…and then…I hit a brick wall. Someone says something and I am thrown off kilter. Does this happen to you often?
I used to experience this all the time. That was until I understood the power of my ability to consciously choose my personal vibration and momentum. I went from “doing” things to change my experience to “being” the change in that moment. I learned that nothing outside of myself needed to change for me to feel better. In fact, the opposite was required. I needed to change the way I *felt* first and then the outside conditions would change.
The other important distinction I learned is that thoughts have no long term bearing on our experiences unless we have dominant emotional responses to the thoughts. In other-words, our emotional response to thoughts need to be maintained long enough to generate a moment. The thought alone does nothing. Wow! This changed things for me forever. Now, those moments of frustration are fewer and further in between. When the do happen, I stop and implement a simple set of steps to shift my energy.
Here are the 6 Steps I use to change my momentum fast!
The moment I notice my energy has shifted from a positive momentum to an efforting or difficult feeling momentum I take the following steps:
1. I stop in my tracks. What ever I am “doing” I stop and I sit down. I stop the cycle in its tracks so that I can regroup.
2. I count my breath. Counting 1 on my inhale and breathing into my lungs and belly completely. Then I count 2 on the exhale, making sure to exhale the air completely out of my belly and lungs. I do this until I count to 10.
3. I identify with the emotion I am currently feeling. Am I sad, angry, embarrassed, jealous? What is my true emotional state?
4. I ask myself, “How would I rather feel?” Then I feel into that emotion using some of my coaching tools. I hold the new feeling for 2 minutes. That’s all it takes…
5. Once I can identify with the new feeling, I ask myself a follow up question, “What wants to come next?”
6. The last step is important! I follow the response I get, no matter what! This can feel tricky at first, but I promise it gets easier when you see the results! Trust this step.
Posted on 12/20/2014 at 12:00:00 AM
Joy Kingsborough is passionate about helping entrepreneurs live a wildly successful life! She helps her clients attain inner peace and mental mastery through business coaching and personal development programs. Contact Joy for more information on how to start your journey and increase your momentum!